So I found this recipe on Pinterest and was so excited to try it out because I LOVE Texas Sheet Cake. This recipe is yum. If you love chocolate, you will like these cookies
Don't over bake these little gems
Here are the cookies with the icing the way it's supposed to be! You decide how you want them to be.
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
makes 24 cookies
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp milk
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, set aside.
3. In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light, scraping sides frequently.
4. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Mix in baking powder and salt.
5. Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour. Dough will be thick.
6. In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted,
stirring after every 30 seconds.
7. Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
8. Drop dough by a measured tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes until
cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT overbake!!
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
10. In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder and milk over medium heat, whisking until
melted together. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
11. Pour icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving.
store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
*Make sure not to overbake these cookies. The insides will remain soft and dense if baked correctly.