Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Caramel Praline Cheesecake









So after a very long time away from Oh-Damage, I thought I had better get my act together and get a recipe done. This recipe, of course, is another dessert. I mean, really what else is there, right? Actually, my daughter, Melanie, brought this recipe to a family reunion and I fell in love with it. I love pecans and I love toffee and I love cheesecake so when you put it all together you just can't go wrong. If you want a yummy, pretty easy dessert give this recipe a try. Pretty darn good!





The ingredients are pretty basic but you might not have all of them on your shelves. It begins with a sugar cookie packet. I didn't have the Betty Crocker but I did have a Krusteaz so I used it. I think I like the Betty Crocker better-just my opinion.


























Cut the butter into the cookie mix with a couple of knives or a pastry blender. When is resembles little peas, pat it into a sprayed 9x13 pan.






Mix the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg all together and then add the caramel topping. Mix well and then spread evenly over the hot crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes depending on your oven.







Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over the top. If you see little specks of nuts in the topping - yep, I didn't read the recipe enought times to figure out that you didn't mix the nuts and toffee bits into the crumbs, so I just dumped in the nuts and then had to scoop them back out-but there are a few in there. Don't do that. Just mix the nuts and the toffee bits and spread over the top of the crumb mixture.





Remove from the oven when it is golden brown. Let cool and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours before adding the caramel topping.







MMMM! Once again, a very yummy dessert to take to your next family party or just eat the whole thing yourself. If you like pecans, then you will love this dessert.








Caramel Praline Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS
Cookie Base and Topping
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup toffee bits
Filling
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 cup caramel topping
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place cookie mix in bowl; cut in butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, 1/4 cup of the caramel topping, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
3 Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping, pecans and toffee bits.
4 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment