Monday, June 26, 2017

Frosted Lemon Sour Cream Lemon Cookies

Three lemons, sitting on my counter top just begging me to make some of those yummy lemon bars we all love!  But, I figured if I was going to bake something with them, I should probably try something new and make a post.
So, I looked through my almost million Pinterest saves and came up with these little morsels of tangy lemoney goodness.  
They are soft and delicious and maybe they satisfied my lemon craving! But then, again, I might still need some lemon bars!
Lemon zest always add such deep lemon flavor!

The dough is sticky but the consistency of think cake batter!

Drop by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet.  
Bake until the center no longer glistens.  Do not overbake!

The frosting is full of lemon flavor.  The recipe calls for the juice of two lemons but I only did the juice of one lemon and then added about a tsp of milk to make it more of the consistency I liked. Of course I added yellow sugar sprinkles because sprinkles make everything taste better, right?
I couldn't wait to give them a try.  I really love this recipe.  It was quick and easy and you can make them any size you want just by the amount of dough you drop onto the cookie sheet. 
Give them a try if you might be craving lemon! 

FROSTED LEMON SOUR CREAM COOKIES

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
zest of 2 lemons
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour

FROSTING

1/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
juice of 2 lemons
yellow food coloring, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 

In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

Add sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice.  Mix well. 

Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix just until combined.  Dough will be sticky and the consistency of thick cake batter.

Drop dough by spoon onto a greased baking sheet. (Use any size spoon for desired size of cookie) I baked a dozen on a large cookie sheet.  Make the drops as round as possible.  Bake for 10-11 minutes or until the center in no longer glistening.  Do not over bake!  Cool Completely!

FROSTING

With electric mixer, beat sugar until creamy.  Add powdered sugar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.  Color with yellow food coloring if desired.

Frost cooled cookies.  Sprinkle with yellow sugar sprinkles if desired.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment