Thursday, September 2, 2010

CHILI's Salsa



I found this recipe and thought how fun it would be to have Chili's salsa whenever I wanted. It is super easy and doesn't take many ingredients. I hope you will try it and enjoy!



The ingredients-pretty simple!







The recipe calls for canned jalpenos but I used half a fresh pepper. Make sure when you handle them with gloves.

The food processor makes it a sinch!

I just pulsed it a few time until it was the consistency that I wanted.



The final product. Yummy. This is so easy and hit the spot. I used fresh garlic instead of garlic salt and then I added 1/2 tsp. of salt. You can adjust the amount of jalepeno if you want more heat. Give it a try!


Chili's Salsa Recipe
• 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
• 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
• 4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned,diced, not pickled)
• 1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
• 1/2-3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Directions:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
1. 1 In food processor place jalapenos and onions.
2. 2 Process for just a few seconds.
3. 3 Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
4. 4 Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
5. 5 Place in covered container and chill.
6. 6 A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
7. 7 Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment