Saturday, October 23, 2010
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and Trifle:)
I decided to try this recipe so I could try the trifle recipe that I posted below. It is good. I might have baked it a little too long because the edges are a little hard. It's good though and it worked well in the trifle.
Here are the ingredients. It actually worked up really fast. You just throw all the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix and then add the dry ingredients. Easy!
It makes three large loaves!
This bread actually is very good. It is a little dense but I like it that way. You could make it without the chocolate chips but I love pumpkin and chocolate together. You can eat it plain or make it into something more wonderful like the pumpkin bread trifle recipe below. Have fun:)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
• 3 cups white sugar
• 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup water
• 4 eggs
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.
PUMPKIN BREAD TRIFLE
I saw this little Trifle on Studio 5 and thought, "umm, maybe I should give it a try", so here it is. It is super easy and so yummy. It just screams autumn:) It is very rich so be careful. I think you could use any pumpkin bread or cake but I just went ahead and used the bread that I had made. I hope you take the time to try it. Good Luck!
Pumpkin Bread Trifle
• 1 loaf Pumpkin bread, cubed
• Caramel ice cream topping
• Toffee bits
• 1 qt. heavy whipping cream beaten with 1 ½ c. brown sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla
Create trifle by layering above ingredients. Start by placing half of the pumpkin bread cubes in the bottom of the trifle dish. Drizzle caramel sauce over the pumpkin bread. Next, sprinkle toffee bits over the bread and caramel. Spread a generous layer of the whipped topping over the pumpkin bread. Repeat all of the above for the second layer. Garnish as desired