Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spice Caramel Apple Cupcakes


Spice Caramel Apple Cupcakes are a yummy addition to your fall cooking. I thought that October would be the perfect time to make something using apples. I love apple crisp any cool autumn evening but thought I would try these little morsels of yumminess! I hope you will try them. I liked them. If you didn't want cupcakes,
I'm sure you could bake them in a small cake pan of some kind.





The Main Ingredients!






Shred the apples! I did this first and soaked them in water and lemon juice until I had everything else stirred together. Make sure you drain them well!






I mixed everything together except the apples. I added them last.






Fill the cupcake liners to about 2/3 full





Bake until golden brown!











Swirl the frosting on by putting the frosting into a gallon size zip-loc bag. Cut a small piece off the corner and squeeze the frosting out in a circular motion. So fun and so so easy:)














These turned out really good. If you like spice and apple you will like this. I think the frosting was a little too sweet with the syrup in it. I might try just using maple flavoring instead. Good luck!




Spice Carmel Apple Cupcakes


Recipe
1 box of spice cake mix (I used Ducan Hines)
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup Caramel topping
1 granny smith apple peeled and grated
2 egg whites
1 egg yolk
Directions: Put all ingredients into a large bowl and either mix by hand or use a mixer until well blended. Bake cupcakes with liners in a muffin pan at 350 degrees for 22 min or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool in pan for about 10 min. then turn out onto a wire rack, and let cool completely before frosting.
Frosting
1 1/2 sticks or 3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp.vanilla paste or extract
2 T milk
Directions: soften butter and add the rest of ingredients. Turn on mixer and beat until well combined.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the recipe. I agree with you about the frosting be a little too sweet. Next time I make them, I'll have to try the maple flavoring instead of the syrup.

    ReplyDelete