Monday, December 27, 2010

Perfect Pancakes & Buttermilk Syrup





I've been eyeballing this recipe from the Pioneer Woman for awhile. We love pancakes but not with a mix so much. I thought this recipe might be the magic recipe that I would use for the rest of my life. The other thing is the syrup. While at Primary Children's Medical Center with Natalie we heard about blueberry pancake day that is one day a week and served with a heavenly buttermilk syrup that made them something that the nurses and techs would line up to buy. We learned about this pancake day after we weren't there any more to try them but I was given the syrup recipe and have wanted to try it for a long time. I decided that on Christmas morning I would try the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pancakes and I would make the Buttermilk Syrup to go with them. The recipes are at the end of the post.







The batter should be a little lumpy. Cook on a hot griddle until they are bubbly then flip.







I have to say these weren't as light and fluffy as I thought they would be. I am not sure they are my favorite but the men folk seemed to like them. The syrup is very yummy and makes a wonderful caramel-like sauce to serve over ice cream. MMMMM! Try this if you would like. I might make the pancakes again but I might try a different recipe or probably stick with the one I usually make. It was fun to try. Happy New Year!!!!



Recipe: Perfect Pancakes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 6
Ingredients
• 3 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
• ½ teaspoons Salt
• 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
• 2 Tablespoons Sugar
• 2 cups Milk
• 2 whole Large Eggs
• 3 teaspoons Vanilla
• 4 Tablespoons Butter
• Extra Butter
• Maple Or Pancake Syrup
Preparation Instructions
Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring very gently until just combined.
Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine.
Cook on a greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown. Serve with an obscene amount of butter and warm syrup.



Buttermilk Syrup
Ingredients
• 1-½ cup Granulated Sugar
• ¾ cups Buttermilk
• ½ cups Butter (or Margerine Works Fine)
• 2 Tablespoons Karo Syrup
• 1 teaspoon (or A Little Less) Baking Soda
• 2 teaspoons Vanilla
Preparation Instructions
Bring the first four ingredients to a boil for4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Turn off heat and add soda. Mixture will bubble up so you may want to do this over the sink if your pot is shallow.
Stir in vanilla and enjoy warm

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted this, I have just spent the month of July at Primarys and became a huge fan of the blueberry pancakes with buttermilk syrup and was hoping for the recipe. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete