Monday, January 24, 2011

The Best Ever Strawberry Shortcake






This really is the best strawberry, or raspberry in this case, shortcake that I have ever had. But then you can't go wrong with angel food cake and cream cheese. I hope you will try this recipe. It's easy and it is so so good.








Mix the cream cheese, the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Mix in the whipped cream. MMMMMM!







Layer in your pan, the cake, the cream cheese mixture, the cake and the cream cheese mixture.






I used raspberries because I had them in my freezer and strawberries were just way too expensive. I think any kind of fruit would be delicious. In fact, I can't wait to try it with peaches:)



Add the sweetened fruit to the top and then top with whipped cream. I made the cake the night before but I added the whipped cream right before I served it. It was yummy and creamy. Love It!






I love this recipe. In fact, everyone I know that has eaten it loves it. I think it would be beautiful in a trifle bowl. Any way you dress it up, it is just plain wonderful.



The Best Ever Strawberry Shortcake

1 angel food cake torn into pieces
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 8 oz tub cool whip or 3 cups whipped cream
strawberries or any fruit you love
1/2 cup sugar to sweeten the fruit

Whip the cream.
Mix softened cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the whipped cream. In another bowl mix the fruit with the 1/2 cup sugar. Layer in a 9x13 pan, half the cake pieces, half the cream cheese mixture, the other half of cake pieces and top with the remaining cream cheese mix. Add the sweetened fruit to the top. Top with whipped cream. Let sit several hours or over night. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for making this cake for us! it was so good! i will definitely be making this! by the way i have made the cookie dough from the cookie dough truffles twice already just to eat! it is so good!

    ReplyDelete