Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Roasted Broccoli



This roasted broccoli recipe doesn't take very many ingredients to make. I like broccoli but I can't say I'm in love with it. I was heading to my siblings monthly dinner party at my sister's house and I was to bring the veggie. Well, I wanted to something more than just boil up a vegetable of some kind- but I knew these people, especially the men, are great judges of really good food and I wanted to impress. I went right to my computer and did some searches. I came up with the recipe and I do believe that I have found a winner. If you want a treat, try this roasted broccoli recipe. It might just change the way you look at the little green trees. Bring on the broccoli!






Spread the broccoli florets on a large cookie sheet.









Drizzle with the olive oil and then mix with your hands so they are all coated with the oil. It goes a long way.






Sprinkle on the sliced garlic cloves (I used two) and the kosher salt and pepper. Put in your hot oven and roast. I only roasted it for about 17 minutes and it seemed perfect.






I guess that once you've seen a picture of broccoli stems how much more interesting can they get. This is the last picture, I promise. If you look close, the broccoli has turned a little brown, a little carmelized. After you take them out of the oven, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the top and then sprinkle with some shredded parmesean cheese. I don't have photos of the finished product because I whisked it off to my dinner party and finished it up there. Needless to say the judging panel completely scarfed this broccoli the first time around the table. They all liked it and I really loved it. It looks like this will be my new way of cooking broccoli. You might even find out that you like it too.

1 comment: