Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My version of Baked Potato Skins or Twice Baked Potatoes



This is my version of Baked Potato Skins. As alot of you know, many of my recipes aren't really written down. I kind of make things up in my head. When my kids or others ask for a recipe I have to give it from my head and sometimes I am guessing. When I cook without a recipe, I add a little of this and a little of that til it tastes good. We like potatoes at our house and so I decided to try this out. I have made twice baked before where I cut just the very top of the potato off and scoop everything out but this time I wanted them to be a little more crunchy. So, good luck trying to follow. The great thing about these potatoes is that you can add anything and everything that you love on top. Try them out with peppers, mushrooms, grilled onions or green onions, the sky's the limit. LOL





These potatoes are really easy and taste really good. If you are looking for a side dish for any meat, these work great. Happy Eating:)


Baked Potato Skins or Twice Bake Potatoes

Bake as many medium sized potatoes as you want.
Bake them without foil so the skins crisp up a bit,

Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out most the pulp (leave a little rim) into a bowl. Add a little salt and a little garlic salt and pepper, butter, a little sour cream and a little milk and mash them all together. Taste to make sure it's flavorful. Brush the insides of the skins with some melted butter and place under the broiler with the rack two slots below the broiler. Broil until the skins start to get crunchy. Watch them so they don't burn. Remove them from the oven and scoop some of the mashed potato on top of each skin. Top with bacon bits, shredded parmesean cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Return to oven on middle rack and let heat through. At the end, turn the broiler back on and let it really get the cheese bubbly. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment