Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spicy Oven Fries





I have loved making baked fries for my Weight Watchers diet. These are a spicy version of baked fries. As I mixed the spices together, I thought I might not like them very much-maybe too spicy. Actually, these turned out really good and very tasty. Try em. I think you'll like em!








After I cut the fries, I let them sit in cold water. They get rid of some of the starch that way. I then rinsed them really well and spread them out on a clean towel to dry them. Make sure you dry them well.








beat the egg whites just a bit and add your spices in a bowl or container that you can add the fries and stir so that they are well coated.








I put the fries in a gallon zip loc bag and added the egg whites. I just mushed them around in the bag and they coated really well. Next just put them in the seasonings and mix until they are all coated. I put them on a sprayed cookie sheet but part way through the baking I did add just 1 tsp. of olive oil. They were a little dry and I figured I could use some healthy oil to make the difference. If you are watching your fat intake, just use your misto or a little olive oil.







Well, here they are in all their yumminess. Give them a try! They are tasty and more healthy and satisfy the craving. Happy Eating!


Spicy Oven Fries

8 medium potatoes
2 egg whites
1 /12 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp salt

preheat the oven to 430 F (220 C).

Bakefor about 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment