Friday, March 2, 2012

Cream of "SOMETHING" Soup - 3 points for the whole "can"






So how fun is Pinterst? This amazing recipe was there and then my daughter made it up and kept telling my how good it is. So here it is. It fits right into Weight Watchers and is opening new doors to my cooking. (I know, that's a little dramatic-but true). I used chicken boullion but you really could use any kind you like. In fact, make up a couple of different kinds just to have on hand. I hope you dieters will love love love this recipe-it really is YUMMY!










Mix everything together and store in an airtight container. I doubled the recipe so I wouldn't have to make it so often. YUMMY!





So I wanted to make up a batch of the soup so you could see it. It is fabulous!!! 1/3 cup makes the equivilant of 1 can of soup and the best thing is that I fed it into my Weight Watchers recipe builder and for this whole "can" of soup there are just 3, count them, 3 points. That means all of our favorite comfort foods are no longer completely taboo. Use your imagination and make up something you love. Good luck! and ENJOY!!!!


Cream of "something" soup recipe

1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup bouillon (if you have cubes you have to smash them up)
You can use whatever kind you like (ie, beef, veggie)
4 Tablespoons freeze dried minced onions (I used the minced onions from Sam's Club)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme (I couldn't find the thyme so I used dried parsley instead)
1 teaspoon pepper

(For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook until thick)

No comments:

Post a Comment