Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Luau

After spending time in Hawaii, we wanted to have a luau to share some of the amazing food with our family. We tried the Kalua pork (not made with booze at the PCC) that I had found the recipe for on the PCC website. I used Boston Butt roasts and rubbed them with sea salt. I covered them with foil and baked at 300 degrees for about 3 hours. The meat just fell apart and was totally yummy. We found another recipe after we had our luau and it said to rub the roasts with liquid smoke and then use the sea salt. That sounds really good so next time I will try it that way.






We tried teriyaki chicken and it was so good. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs because that is what they use in restaurants. They turned out very good. I marinated them in teriyaki sauce for about 1 hour and then baked them in the oven until they were starting to brown. We used Mo Bettah's Teriyaki sauce for our dipping sauce. It's the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment