We have struggled finding a recipe that we were desperate to try this week. Unfortunately we didn't find anything that grabbed us, other than desserts, until tonight. We are going to try making Bacon Cheese Burger Bundles (recipe below). We are going to cheat a bit on this though. You know I love to make bread,but I need this to be a bit less time consuming this time around. We are going to use pop and fresh crescent rolls (what ever brand you like) and we will use shredded cheddar instead of Velveeta. Hope you try these little yummy sounding bundles. Put them with a salad and they will make a nice meal. Good Luck!
Bacon Cheese Burger Bundles
• 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
• 2/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
• 2/3 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup shortening
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 pound VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cubed
• 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• Ketchup or barbecue sauce, optional
• In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt and 3-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
• Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
• Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bacon and cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
• Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into fourths. Roll each portion into an 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; cut each into six squares. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square. Bring corners together in the center and pinch to seal.
• Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with butter. Serve warm with ketchup if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.