Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta - The Ingredients...
What You'll Need to Make Chili's Cajun Pasta:
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• 4 tsp. cajun seasoning
• 4 tbsp. butter or margarine
• 3 cups heavy cream
• 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. black pepper
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 8 oz. cooked penne pasta (drained)
• 2 roma tomatoes, diced
• fresh shredded parmesan, to taste
Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta - The Process...
How to Make Chilis Cajun Chicken Pasta:
1. Slightly moisten chicken with water.
2. In a large resealable plastic bag, shake chicken and cajun seasoning until chicken is thoroughly coated.
3. In large skillet, sautee chicken in 2 tbsp. butter, over medium heat, turning whenever neccessary.
4. When chicken is about half-way done, grab a second skillet and combine heavy cream, 2 tbsp. butter, and remainder of seasonings over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. When cream mixture begins to bubble, add the pasta and turn off heat. Stir well.
6. When chicken is cooked through, place on cutting board and slice into strips.
7. Spoon pasta and sauce onto large serving plates (2) and top with chicken, diced tomatoes, and parmesan
8. Throw a thick, garlicy slice of Texas toast on that bad boy and enjoy
The cream sauce looked a little scary when we first started out but as it cooked, it came together and was smooth and creamy. Just remember to stir as you cook.
We kind of wished that the sauce was not so thin. We thought that next time we would try using less cream and see if it would thicken up just a bit. Overall, the recipe was yummy. We topped it off with chocolate lava cakes but I didn't photograph that recipe so I will just have to make it again and let you try it.